Create homemade tonic water. Use your soda maker to carbonate.
Looking for a drink of choice over the upcoming festive season? Here’s something you can make at home.
Last week we showed you how to make a London Dry gin. Now, this week we’re going to show you how you can craft a homemade Gin & Tonic. Using a soda maker and our recently launched Tonic Water Flavouring Kit, you’ll create a clean & refreshing tonic with a well-balanced sweetness & acidity, hints of lemon and a delicate quinine bitterness.
Find it at your local home brew shop.
- Soda maker unit with >250g cylinder
- Soda bottle (1L)
- A sealable bucket or jerrycan with a tap ( >20L capacity)
- Filtered water (19L)
- Gin of choice
Make the Tonic Water Flavouring
- Ensure the bucket or jerrycan is cleaned and sanitised.
- Add 3L of filtered water to the bucket or jerrycan.
- Open the Tonic Water Flavouring Kit. Add the contents of the packets into the bucket or the jerrycan.
- Swirl (with lid closed) or stir with a clean and sanitised spoon to dissolve the tonic flavouring.
- Top up to 19L with filtered water.
- Swirl (with lid closed) or stir again ensuring ingredients are fully dissolved.
Carbonate the Tonic Water
Please follow the next set of instructions closely to save tonic and cleaning time.
- Fill the soda maker bottle (1L) with tonic water.
- Install the filled soda maker bottle into the unit.
- Press the button quickly for a short burst.
- Wait until the bubbles have settled.
- Quickly press the button again for a short burst.
- Once again, wait until the bubbles have settled.
- Repeat until the pressure releases indicating the correct carbonation.
Put it all together
- Add a shot of gin to a tall glass with ice.
- Fill the glass with carbonated tonic water.
- Add garnish and enjoy.
Consume your newly made tonic water within 3 weeks of making it.
We hope you enjoyed the process of making a G&T at home with the Tonic Water Flavouring Kit and a soda maker. There are many more recipes and helpful articles to explore. Read more here.
If you have any questions, contact us via social media, leave a comment below, or send us a message directly here.